Need a speaker?
James is a dynamic educator providing support to individuals, schools, organizations, businesses, & more. Since 2003, they have been teaching about LGBTQIA+ issues, working with homeless shelters & clinics to K-12 schools, & college classrooms.
Since 2016, James has trained over 5,000 individuals throughout the Northeast (primarily in MA, NY, NJ, & VT).
Certified as a National Professional Development Trainer with GLSEN; James is also certified by a variety of trainings programs aimed at suicide prevention (including Trevor, SafeTALK, ASIST, & Youth / Adult Mental Health First Aid). Much of James’ work is informed by their previous work / life experience including youth work, substance use & addiction, intimate partner violence (IPV) / domestic violence (DV), & behavioral health. They strive to provide all services through an anti-racist, trauma-informed, & harm-reduction lens.
- LGBTQIA+ & Trans 101s / 201s / etc.
- Policy & Legislative Work
- Strategic Planning Sessions
- Incorporating Social Justice Issues (race, class, disAbility, etc.)
- Enhancing Curriculum
- Inclusive Sexual Health
- Positive Youth Development
- One-On-One Support
- Family / Youth Advocacy
- And much more!
Check out their OFFERINGS page for additional examples.
- Training / Professional Development Days
- Facilitated staff / faculty meetings
- Lectures & Assemblies
- Community-Wide Workshops
- Student Group Support (i.e. visiting GSAs, diversity clubs, etc.)
- Conference Workshops
- Keynote Speaker
- Featured Panelist
- One-On-One Consultation (i.e. creating business plans, job coaching, general support, etc.)
- Other Technical Assistance…
Service fees are offered on a wide sliding scale. The sliding scale is an intentional effort to distribute resources equitably between orgs worked with, including K-12 schools, universities, non-profits, grassroots community orgs; as well as to support individuals and families. Paying at the higher end of the scale—makes it possible for this work to be provided to individuals and grassroots orgs at little to no cost to them.
To learn more about sliding scale fee structures, please read more through these great links:
- The Sliding Scale: A Tool for Economic Justice – Alexis J. Cunningfolk
- Ride Free: Fearless Money Management Sliding Scale Discussion – Hadassah Damien
Please connect with James if you are interested in a particular service. They would be happy to provide you their fee structure based on your need and budget. If you have questions, do ask!
Feel free to download a copy of their brochure featuring a brief overview services!